Date added: 2022-06-15
QS World University Rankings – Gdańsk Tech with an even better result
This year's QS World University Rankings, presenting the best universities from around the world, covered 100 countries. There were 124 new participants in the ranking. A total of 2,462 universities were assessed and their inclusion in the ranking was considered, however, only 1,422 best universities were finally classified according to the ranking rules.
In this year's edition of the ranking, Gdańsk Tech improved its total score from 13.7 points obtained in the 2022 edition to 14.9 this year; this result places us in the TOP 57 percent of universities included in the ranking, that means 5 percent higher than last year (the fifth best result among 22 Polish universities).
Similarly to last year's edition of the ranking, Gdańsk Tech achieved the best result in the area of "Faculty / Student Ratio", which analyzes the number of academic teachers per 100 students, which gave us 415th position in the global ranking for the given indicator.
– Gdańsk University of Technology is constantly working on achieving the best possible result in the area of Academic Reputation (weight 40%). Numerous projects undertaken by the university authorities as part of the Fahrenheit Union of Universities, as well as efforts to obtain the status of a member of the ENHANCE consortium should in the near future contribute to greater recognition of Gdańsk University of Technology in the international arena and thus allow us to advance in the key university rankings "– says prof. Dariusz Mikielewicz, vice-rector for organization and development.
The number of Polish universities that qualified for this year's edition of the ranking increased by 3 and amounted to a total of 22 universities. The leader of the list among Polish universities is the University of Warsaw, which was classified 284 in the world ranking.
The result obtained by the university in the ranking is based on eight indicators:
- academic reputation survey - weight of the indicator 40%
- reputation survey among employers - 10%
- number of academic teachers per student - 20%
- number of citations per scientist - 20%
- percent share of foreign academic teachers - 5%
- percent share of foreign students - 5%
- graduate employment and income - 0 percent (new indicator)
- the level of internationalization of the university's research network - 0 percent (new indicator).
How to deal with stress? Sign up for classes
Santander Scholarships - apply now