The proceeding in case of courses provided by visiting professors in the frame of InterPhD2 "The development of an interdisciplinary and international PhD study programmes”.
- Applications with a proposal to admit a visiting professor come from independent employees of individual departments to the heads of doctoral studies.
- The candidate's application for VP must include a proposition of series of lectures for PhD students - minimum 15 hours (as a series of lectures 15 hours are understood, usually implemented in blocks, for example 3 hours a day for 5 days) and if possible a proposition of other classes (e.g. seminars of 15 hours and consultations), an abstract of the proposed lecture including topics of lectures and the candidate’s CV together with his/her achievements for the last 5 years.
- Visiting professors (VP) can be scientists who have at least a PhD degree and have extensive scientific experience confirmed by many publications or technical achievements (industrial implementations, patents). The offer applies to both active employees of foreign universities, as well as academic scientists and senior lecturers who have just retired at their universities.
- Within the InterPhD2 project we can propose a contract for the specified task “to prepare and conduct a series of lectures” and a remuneration of PLN 10,000 gross. The project does not finance other costs incurred by visiting professors, e.g. diet, accommodation, travel and others.
- An independent employee of a given faculty who proposes a visiting professor must assess, together with the head of doctoral studies what number of doctoral students would potentially be interested in a given lecture (this will be assessed at the coordinators' meeting).
- Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis.